Tuesday, February 19, 2013

St. Lucia - Full Day 35mm













Fuji Sensia 100 - Canonet QL17

I had never heard of St.Lucia prior to going there. Once I started talking about it, all I heard was the word HONEYMOON. We were there for 14 days, and I understand why people go HONEYMOON there but personally, from my feelings, that would sell this place short. To think of it as a perfect little island is weird. It was eerie, powerful, spiritual, lonely and haunting. The locals were acute but slow. Very kind, insanely observant and visually Im left with a movie scene - The Astronauts meet the Aliens and the suspense is drawn from the question - Can the Aliens read the Astronauts mind and see their Souls with those eyes!? There must be something more out there then diamonds and fresh shrimp. Yeah, driving on the right side of the road is different and so is the depth of the ocean but there was something to this place and its people beyond beauty. The weather was perfect. The water was blue. The leaves were green. The flowers were pretty. The hummingbirds were entertaining. The Rum was a drug and the moon was as bright as the sun (these last 3 shots were bulb exposures from moon light) If I needed to escape to record an album about spirits, ghosts and the supernatural I would go here. I dont know where to go if I ever get married.

 

1 comment:

Ebenezer said...

Yes honey moon me too